Reloading amavisd to read spamassassin rules

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Nov 18 14:01:54 UTC 2012

On 11/18/2012 09:07 PM, lee wrote:

>>> Huh?  Amavisd reads rules for spamassassin?
>> Indirectly, yes. If you don't have something to contribute other than
>> a wise-ass answer, stfu.
> Watch your language and your attitude.
>
> What do you mean "indirectly"?  I thought amavis is for scanning for
> viruses, not for spam and doesn't have anything to do with spamassassin.

yum info amavisd-new

Name        : amavisd-new
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 2.6.6
Release     : 2.fc17
Size        : 716 k
Repo        : fedora
Summary     : Email filter with virus scanner and spamassassin support
URL         : http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/
License     : GPLv2+ and BSD and GFDL
Description : amavisd-new is a high-performance and reliable interface between
            : mailer (MTA) and one or more content checkers: virus scanners,
            : and/or Mail::SpamAssassin Perl module. It is written in Perl,
            : assuring high reliability, portability and maintainability. It talks
            : to MTA via (E)SMTP or LMTP, or by using helper programs. No timing
            : gaps exist in the design which could cause a mail loss.

See also http://www.amavis.org/