[Solved] Re: Yumex issue on new install

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Nov 19 20:41:17 UTC 2012

> Did you select for you to be in the administartors group?  If so you can
> now do a lot of things previously restricted to root; one of them is
> install software.  But everytime you have to authenticate YOURSELF.

Just to close things off, I've logged onto the laptop, removed myself
from wheel and things are working the way I want.  However, if I run it
from the menu and there are no updates, it simply tells me there's
nothing to do and exits.  I need to run it from a terminal:

yumex --update-only

if I want to be able to use it to install/uninstall stuff.  I think I'm
going to edit the menu entry to get it to Do What I Want.