[Solved] Re: Yumex issue on new install

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Nov 19 20:58:12 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 03:41 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/19/2012 11:38 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
>> Did you select for you to be in the administartors group?  If so you can
>> now do a lot of things previously restricted to root; one of them is
>> install software.  But everytime you have to authenticate YOURSELF.
>
> Just to close things off, I've logged onto the laptop, removed myself
> from wheel and things are working the way I want.  However, if I run
> it from the menu and there are no updates, it simply tells me there's
> nothing to do and exits.  I need to run it from a terminal:
>
> yumex --update-only
>
> if I want to be able to use it to install/uninstall stuff.  I think
> I'm going to edit the menu entry to get it to Do What I Want.

I just installed F17 (last night) and then did an install of yumex. At
first there were  updates.  But since then I have started it from the
application icon and it does not exit with nothing to do.  It just
provides a blank list to update, then I have to select the available
button to get the list of what I can add.  I would really like an option
where it goes right into available packages, as I do not normally use
yumex for updates.  That I typically do directly via yum update.