Grub boot menu after kernel update/install

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Tue Nov 20 08:04:46 UTC 2012

I know it's nothing serious but after installing/removing new kernel
with yum my boot menu is totally messed up.

What I mean here is that after clean install of Fedora (17/18) or after
running grub2-mkconfig there are only two "top level" items in grub menu:

1. Fedora
2. Advanced options for Fedora

I really like to have only those two items, but every kernel
installation adds new items to the menu related to new kernels. Is it a
bug or is it just some inconsistency? Why grub2-mkconfig makes order
again but simple yum upgrade/distro-sync messes things? How can I fix
permanently?

Mateusz Marzantowicz