mostly OT: mount usb connection

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Nov 22 18:40:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

Sorry to post this here, but having struggled for over 36 hours
including turning to Windoze (complete waste of time, no joy) I thought
that someone may have some suggestions on what to do.

I am using F17 (LXDE) but this is not really the issue here.

So, I had this old Arnova 10 tablet which I wanted to unroot, and
install Android 2.2 (from 2.1) so I flashed the apprpriate image using
the USB connection and all appeared well.

However, during the touchscreen calibration stage, the calibration did
not get done correctly (or much at all from what I can tell). Looking
around, this seems to be happen and the way to get around it is to go
in and remove the necessary files. The trouble however is that I can no
longer mount the USB so I can not enter the device. When I mount the
USB onto my F17, I get the following:

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0bb4:0c02 High Tech Computer Corp. Dream /
ADP1 / G1 / Magic / Tattoo (Debug)

however, this does not get mounted. Actually, the screen of the tablet
says "USB connected" but unfortunately also "USB debugging connected".
(And the latter is the problem: the issue appears to be that the latter
has to be disabled, which can only be done using the touchscreen, which
is not recognized.) Btw, I can not attach a mouse or a keyboard to the
tablet either because the USB mode has to be activated (done using a
touchscreen again). Also, there is some paperclip press on some reset
hole that should reset the device to factory settings, but absolutely
nothing happens (my fingers become sore from pushing the clip
interminably).

Question: is there a way to "force" linux (F17) to mount the USB as a
storage device? I understand the naivette of this question, but is
something else possible?

Sorry again for the OT nature of this post, but I am at a loss. (I so
much prefer the reliability of a physical keyboard....)

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional