No subject

Thu Nov 22 16:31:42 UTC 2012

specifically this function:
intel_gtt_unmap_memory

No idea what it does other than what's hinted in the name.. and intel
vga does share ram with system.

Although it might have been caused by one of the others doing something
strange.

I'm running a few machines sandybridge machines though and haven't had a
problem.

I'd be whacking in an nvidia card to see if your problems go away. I'd
suggest memory problems but you said you've stress tested that (although
I'm not sure how long for). Prime95 might be a good torture test too.

If you don't want to/can't install a different card, maybe try disable
i915 driver, kernel based mode-setting and use the vesa driver.

> I'm willing to work with kernel developers and anybody else to track down
> root cause of this issue and help other Fedora and future Red Hat users to
> avoid this issue, but so far nobody is interested.

You did get 15 replies to your post though ;-)

-c