mounting one usb interface (from 2 identified)

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Nov 23 07:42:10 UTC 2012

On 11/23/2012 03:16 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:39:21 +0800 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/23/2012 12:27 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>>> sudo blkid -p /dev/sdb
>>> error: /dev/sdb: No medium found
>>>
>>> sudo blkid -p /dev/sdc
>>> error: /dev/sdc: No medium found
>>>

>>> Btw, for context, here is the background to this device: it is a tablet
>>> (ARNOVA 10). From my e-mail of earlier this afternoon....
>> If I read this correctly.....  You are plugging this tablet into at running F17 system via a USB connector?  And, you're expecting to access the tablet's file system on the F17 system?
>>
> Yes, and as I mentioned earlier, it has been possible in the past
> (before this USB debugging mode got activated).

Right.....  To summarize....   Everything was working fine.  Then you "flashed" the tablet with an image to change its OS or configuration.  When you powered it up you had problems with the touchscreen and you've got USB debugging enabled and other problems....like not being able to get to the the file system of the tablet like you used to....

Sounds to me like all your problems are on the tablet side and unless it acts correctly to service the USB connection there isn't much to be done on the F17 side.  The "No medium found" error seems to bear it out.

Contact Arnova support?

Don't know anything about the Arnova products....  But all of the tablets I've seen use the (from off condition) hold volume down button and then hold power on button until the reset screen is displayed to do a hard reset.