mounting one usb interface (from 2 identified)

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Nov 23 15:28:57 UTC 2012

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 15:42:10 +0800 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>
wrote:

> On 11/23/2012 03:16 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:39:21 +0800 Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>
> > wrote:

> >> If I read this correctly.....  You are plugging this tablet into at running F17 system via a USB connector?  And, you're expecting to access the tablet's file system on the F17 system?
> >>
> > Yes, and as I mentioned earlier, it has been possible in the past
> > (before this USB debugging mode got activated).
> >

> Sounds to me like all your problems are on the tablet side and unless it acts correctly to service the USB connection there isn't much to be done on the F17 side.  The "No medium found" error seems to bear it out.

Thanks! I was just wondering if this could still be mounted? The USB is
"seen" as per usb-devices (as a storage and some other device) with two
interfaces, so as suggested in the earlier e-mail, I was thinking that
it may perhaps be possible.

> Don't know anything about the Arnova products....  But all of the tablets I've seen use the (from off condition) hold volume down button and then hold power on button until the reset screen is displayed to do a hard reset.

Yes, but pressing a pin into the reset hole while holding the volume
up button down does not seem to have any (much, if you count in my sore
fingers) effect. Perhaps that button is bad.

Many thanks again for all the help and the discussion (nothing may come
out of it, but I am learning new things here too).

Best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional