UEFI is a POS

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sat Nov 24 03:09:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 05:49:57PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:32:25PM -0800, Edik Landaveri wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 08:27:55AM -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > Gary,
> >
> > Installing a desktop environment & unistalling other shouldn't have had to screw up your boot sector. I think what you did is inadvertdly changed your bios settings. If it was working before and after that no. Do you remember having played with the BIOS settings? You can disable EFI on the BIOS if you wish. Maybe that's how was installed and then you changed. Once in a while I have a similar issue which I pinpointed to be the same, so I go back && change it to defaults & it works.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Edik

	[[ save the bandwitdh...]

> 	familiar: BIOS.  I didnt see the EFI listed in the BIOS.  THat
> 	seriously may be the way to fix this problem.  I dont remember
> 	what I did in the BIOS, But it's worth a reboot!
>
> 	-gary

	POST_previous script:

	I know what I did in the newest bios: essentially nothing.  It
	was a completely new type of layout, so I remember poking around
	here/there and choosing the "Load Defaults" button!  in other
	words, I chickened out:)

              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.