Using HDMI with Radeon and fc17

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 03:27:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have a new fc17 x86_64 install with a Radeon HD5700 and the default
xorg drivers included with fc17. I have an HDTV connected to the HDMI
port and two monitors connected to each of the DVI ports.

When I start Xorg with the HDTV connected, just the default fc17
splash screen graphic is displayed on all three monitors with
apparently either no window manager running, or no visible method of
access the standard menus. The mouse is displayed, but the buttons
have no function and there is no menubar at the top.

I also don't see anything in the logs that could indicate what the
problem could be. How can I troubleshoot this? What could possibly be
the problem?

If I start Xorg without the HDMI port connected, it displays the
standard GNOME window manager with the menus present.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alex