Using HDMI with Radeon and fc17

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 26 11:35:46 UTC 2012

Allegedly, on or about 25 November 2012, Alex sent:
> The HDMI that is connected to the HDTV is in another room. The
> intention was to run a 30' HDMI cable and a 30' USB cable for another
> wireless USB keyboard to the other room, so I could access my PC from
> that other room.

Are you testing under those conditions?  Because long cables can cause
problems.  It may be useful to test with shorter leads.

As I recall, 5 metres is the maximum for USB.  Anything longer requires
a USB repeater in the cable (active extension leads), plain wires over
the maximum length isn't reliable.

I cannot recall an absolute maximum length being specified for HDMI, but
do recall that the quality of the cable, and of the circuitry in the
equipment at either end of it, will have a definite effect on the length
of cable will work well.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.7-4.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 20 19:40:01 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.