Using HDMI with Radeon and fc17

Corey Fedoravic core5fedora at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 12:07:09 UTC 2012

A curious topic, indeed. I am wont to consider the /bigger picture/ (heh
heh, uh pun, intended?)...

E.G. does this mean then that so-called broadband providers must maintain
some permutation of "repeaters" , or signal amplifiers? Remember
telephone-poles. Uh... been a while since light outside this cave has
touched this face. Do we still have telephone-poles? Moreover, is the
technology so archaic that-- for example-- one malevolent individual might
"out" an entire community, simply through use of brute force as to sever
connection (i.e. bulldozer, trailor tractor, tow-truck, industrial
saw-toothed equipment; anything capable of severing such a line?)

I don't subscribe to such Huxlian tech, as the smart-phone, etc., but are
these not independent of any "wiring"?

I suppose the real question; where the ramble wanes:
Consider the public at-large. From where does the data enter an
HDMI-equipped device?

I used to shoot birds with a bee-bee-gun; considered my score, dependent
upon whether the poor creater fell from the telephone line. Rhetorically;
to self, i wonder: is this what shall determine my eternal damnation? ugh.

@ajaxStardust