[F17 KDE] Sound cutting out

Lists lists at benjamindsmith.com
Wed Nov 28 22:48:19 UTC 2012

So I have pithos installed (an excellent Pandora client that skips all
that nasty flash stuff http://kevinmehall.net/p/pithos/) and Skype.
Whenever Skype makes a sound, it cuts out all other system sounds, plays
the sound, and then the rest of the system sounds resume.

I didn't have this problem with Fedora 16 doing the same thing with the
same programs (though I'm using an updated Skype client)

Skype is set to use PulseAudio server (local) and there's no option to
change to anything else.

Pithos appears to use gstreamer though I'm not sure how that relates to
PulseAudio.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks,

Benjamin Smith