Disabling NetworkManager

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 30 07:50:26 UTC 2012

Allegedly, on or about 29 November 2012, Alex sent:
> How do I even access the NM network management GUI from within GNOME?

Why do people find this so hard?  It was bloody obvious from the first
time I ever saw the Gnome desktop after log-in.  And barely different
from other releases of Gnome, as far back as Fedora 9, at least.

There's an icon of two computers networked together on the taskbar, it
represents your network.  Depending on whether you left-click or
right-click on it, you get different options.  Read them.

> I really hate this new GNOME.

Likewise.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.7-4.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 20 19:40:01 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.