dynamic ip ok for NFS/LDAP servers? Network Gurus?

Jack Craig jack.craig.aptos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 16:35:58 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

The following strikes me as wrong, but i am Not  guru,
so i thought to ask this forum where the wizards Do Live! :)

Pls consider a configuration with a single host providing NFS4
/home directories for other hosts in a 6 host cluster. Further,
openldap is on the same host to provide for authentication
on all 6.

the architect says its ok to configure all hosts w/DHCP,
but i see the ip changing every day or 2 (many reboots due setup).

I am a huge fan of static ip for servers, but what do i know?! :(

So, Question, is DHCP ok for the 6 hosts in this config, or go static.

More, static on server only maybe?

TIA, jackc...