iptables fubared?

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 20:17:23 UTC 2012

On 10/07/2012 04:03 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/07/2012 12:43 PM, jdow wrote:
>> Eddie and Joe, there is nothing more frustrating than being in a
>> critical
>> hurry while a first string tech support guy rigidly follows the "is it
>> plugged in" script.
>
> Yup!  That's why I always make sure that the member of the phone
> firewall knows that I have ample experience on their side of the phone
> and ask them to give me the same level of support they'd want if they
> were calling in.  More often than not, all goes well after that.
I agree with both of you, yes it seems that sometimes the helpdesk tech
is just "going through the motions" and isn't really interested in
helping you at all....they're just there for the pay check. Then you
have those "gifted & talented" few......(The ones I like to call the
"Scotty's" of IT. and if any of you have ever watched the original
series of Star Trek you'd realize to whom I'm referring!) who really DO
want to help you, and give it their all...even AFTER they've gone
through their script...they're willing to stay on the phone with
you....look things up on Google......reference data they have documented
that might follow along the same lines as the problem you're
having...even calling up someone else in a different department to see
if they can shed some light on the subject. To them I applaud and give
them a really big "Thank You" for being the REAL support! As for the
"others"?......well you need to be retrained about what it REALLY means
to "support" someone or something!!

EGO II