Fedora 17 install dualboot with Windows 7 Home Premium goes nowhere

Sebastian Astill sastill at gmx.com
Fri Oct 12 09:28:00 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 06:38 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> Grub shows two entries for windows 7:
>
> Windows 7 (loader) on (/dev/sda2)
> Windows Recovery Environment (loader) (on /dev/sda3)

Sorry, I'm jumping in to this a bit late, but have you tried accessing
the recovery partition as the laptop boots up? It should be F10, but it
could be one of the other function keys or something like Ctrl + r.
Some laptops tell you on screen but strangely many don't.

My apologies if you've already tried that. Hope you get it fixed.