keyboard failure that doesn't seem to be hardware

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Oct 13 19:20:58 UTC 2012

On 10/13/2012 11:56 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:

> I'll find out that one when I rotate keyboardsper Ed's suggestion. My
> gut doesn't feel like its the keyboard given the problem showed up only
> when I installed that machine with F17, but I am suspect of the computer
> itself. I'm going to bring a second machine up on F17 to see what happens.

An excellent idea.  Then, once you find that the new machine works
fine[1] you can swap keyboards and see if the issue follows the
keyboard.  Just remember, however, if one of them's PS2 and the other's
USB, that in itself might be significant.

[1]F17 would never have gotten out of beta with such a big show-stopper bug.