Blocked site -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Oct 20 08:08:02 UTC 2012

On 19/10/12 23:55, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 10/19/2012 01:17 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>>     I get [using the opendns name servers again]:
>>
>>         [bobg at box9 ~]$ dig @8.8.8.8 +short www.newegg.com
>>         208.91.197.27
>>         [bobg at box9 ~]$ dig @208.67.220.220 +short www.newegg.com
>>         208.91.197.27
>>         [bobg at box9 ~]$ dig @12.189.32.61 +short www.newegg.com
>>         208.91.197.27
>>
>>     Perhaps they respond differently as a function of the inquiring address?
> FYI, one thing you should check with your ISP is if they are using a DNS Proxy.  If so, you may "think" you are sending queries to the @IP servers but in fact are not....
>
> http://www.dnsleaktest.com/what-is-transparent-dns-proxy.php
>
> Has a link to see if your ISP is doing this....

Ok, this is what I see. What is it telling me?

    We detected the 2 DNS servers listed below.

    WARNING: If you are connected to an anonymity/privacy service and
    ANY of the servers listed below are from your ISP then your DNS is
    leaking. (You should be able to recognize them based on the hostname
    and location).

    IP: 	184.63.128.68
    Hostname: 	184.63.128.68
    ISP: 	Wildblue Communications
    Country: 	United States

    IP: 	184.63.128.69
    Hostname: 	184.63.128.69
    ISP: 	Wildblue Communications
    Country: 	United States

DNS should be set for opendns 208.67.220.220 and 222. The dns address
they provided me six years ago is 12.189.32.61. I don't see either here,
just a Wildblue address,different from the one my router thinks it is
connected to [WAN IP: 184.20.151.17].

Bob

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD