Blocked site -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Oct 21 13:10:39 UTC 2012

On 21/10/12 08:28, Tim wrote:
> You are paying for a service.  If they're not doing it right, or good
> enough, it is fair to ask them to fix something up.  If you have a
> particular problem site, ask them about it.

    Yes I will and do ask when I have trouble. When I do call tech
    support they accept the fact that I run Linux without protest.

    This thread began when I was unable to get to the Newegg page and in
    the process discovered that I no longer used the Opendns service.
    Other than the problem with that one web site I have no recognized
    problems with the ISP, their dns server seems to work well enough
    while I have been using it for the last six months thinking it was
    Opendns ... Assuming the Newegg problem was due to an address
    change, should the Wildblue dns have caught up with it sooner?
    Perhaps instead of calling Newegg I should have called the ISP, that
    never occurred to me because I thought I was using Opendns and was
    going to ask them, but had trouble finding a telephone number ...

--

http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box9