First f17 install -- on an ee701

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Oct 31 19:22:55 UTC 2012

I have 1Gb of memory upgrade, so I have enough memory.  My SSD is only
4Gb, but I have a 16GB SD card.

So the SSD is setup for /boot with 300Mb, swap with 1.6Gb and the rest
is /var.  The SD is /

The challenge with the install is the small screen size.  I complained
about this and submitted a bug on it with f14 (which was the only
install I have made on this ee701).  Apparently the developers did not
feel it necessary to do anything about adjusting the dialog sizes to the
actual screen size.  For the most part I was able to guess what keys to
hit for the buttons cut off below the bottom of the screen.  I could not
see how to setup a LVM on the SD, so it is just and ext4 partition.
Also I could not go into customizing the packages for the install and
although I did provide my local repos so I grabbed all the updates right
off, I had to just go with the standard graphic desktop package install....

Next I will have to do the gnome 3 customizations.  Though I MIGHT just
leave it for the defaults for a while, rather than all the customzations
I did for this f16 notebook a year ago.  I actually would like to wait
for f18 for upgrading my main notebook; I kind of like skipping releases...

Anyway.  so far so good.