Screen resolution

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 6 03:40:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 16:37 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> is there any way of requiring web-pages to use larger fonts?

Some web browsers do let you do that.  Those with with the extremely
minimal user-interface and configuration options mayn't.

However, do this with caution, and test it out.  I've seen pages where
you increase the size of the fonts, only for them to be cropped off.  As
the author has specified small fonts constrained inside a fixed-size box
or a form text-field box, which doesn't enlarge with a bigger font size.

Some browsers change font sizing with a zoom feature, which will also
increase the graphics size.  That may, or may not, be a desirable
feature.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686