USB HD (Ext4) does not auto-mount anymore

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:42:40 UTC 2012

Fedora 15 XFCE (the file manager is Thunar). I use an external USB HD
(formatted Ext4, same as my system) to backup my system. The drive
auto-mounts when I turn the notebook on.

I violently pulled the USB cable by accident. Both the drive and the
external HD were transferring data when it happened.

I turned off both devices, I checked the USB cable and the USB
sockets. After re-booting, the external drive starts, but it does
appears anymore in my file manager. I tried with a second portable USB
HD (also formatted Ext4). The lead turns green, but it does not
auto-mount either.

I tried with a USB stick (Fat32). I can see this drive in the file
manager.

How do I troubleshoot that?

--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>