Clams.....

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 9 02:14:36 UTC 2012

Um, yes, edit the configuration file. I generally speaking took the default
example configuration. These are the first few lines for MY machine which
is running Scientific Linux 6.3 which is a rebuild of redHat RHEL 6.3.

===8<---
##
## Example config file for freshclam
## Please read the freshclam.conf(5) manual before editing this file.
##

# Comment or remove the line below.
#Example

# Path to the database directory.
# WARNING: It must match clamd.conf's directive!
# Default: hardcoded (depends on installation options)
DatabaseDirectory /var/clamav
===8<---

This demonstrates one of the problems Linux generically suffers in the
Desktop world. It demands too much knowledge of the internal parts
of the operating system.

{^_^}