gparted question

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:03:08 UTC 2012

We just replaced a small disk that was going bad with
a bigger disk that the IT department cloned from
the smaller disk. It works fine, but the partition
table (naturally) doesn't know anything about the
additional space.

If I boot the system from a live CD, can I just tell
gparted to grow the extended partition all the way to the
end of the new disk? (Then I'd have free space I could
use to create a new logical partition).

Or is that too easy, and something I can't think of
might go horribly wrong (which is why I ask :-)?