Fedora 18 existing /usr partition -- need to merge into rootfs?

Noah Cutler sit1way at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:50:55 UTC 2013

Harald

Ok, so then separate /usr is apparently not broken, or for now there's a
fallback mechanism (as of F18) to make things work in the event that /usr
is on its own partition.

Either way my setup is working (appears to), but it would be nice to really
know if separate usr is causing any issues at all, or if the intramfs
definitely has my back with /usr entry in /etc/fstab (i.e. no need for
dracut workaround suggested elsewhere in this thread).

Thanks for your awesome optimization guide, BTW:
http://www.harald-hoyer.de/personal/blog/fedora-17-boot-optimization-from-15-to-3-second

sub 4 second boot times are possible ;-)