FedUp

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Apr 6 14:56:18 UTC 2013

On 04/06/2013 03:05 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I've been away for some weeks & am now back so I'm looking at
> possibilities for upgrading 17 -> 18 seeing as 17 will be EOL in around
> eight to ten weeks.
>
> After the initial problems with FedUp, I read last night over on
> Bugzilla about its progress & the latest testing (which looks like it's
> going to go stable next week) is looking pretty solid.
>
> So the question is, is everybody been happy with the upgrade process via
> FedUp lately?

No. I gave up on it after it failed miserably on a couple of test
upgrades in the early phases of f18. May-be it has seen improvements
since then, but I didn't look back at it, since then, because I found
the procedures outlined on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18
so far worked reliably.

Ralf