Dracut on reboot

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 9 13:21:27 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 09 April 2013, Reindl Harald sent:
> and you even refuse to understand that the dracut shell may be
> very special depending on why you landed there and maybe you
> write tthe output to the temporary initramfs
>
> PERIOD: you should ALWAYS know where you are save files and
> not rely on wonders and magic which may surprise you

It's about fucking time you learnt to stop being an asshole every time
you write a reply.  Quite frankly, I've had it with being nice to you,
you're going to get foul language from me, from now on, any time that
you deserve it.  I've put up with it far too much, so has everyone else,
yet you carry on despite it being brought to your attention on several
occasions.

It's dead easy to find out where you currently are.  The pwd command
shows you that, if you have to ask.

There's nothing unusual about the tilde representing the logon's
homespace, it's a very old technique.  You're also going to find out,
quite quickly, when you're in an environment that doesn't use the tilde
in the usual way, as you're going to get an error.

As directions over a mailing list go, it's going to be far more
predictable to tell someone to do something like

  cp /etc/filename ~/

And have it do what you expect it to do, than try to explain to someone
about typing "the full /home/username filepath, replacing 'username'
with your actual username."  Hell, I've just demonstrated that with a
sentence versus two characters.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.