configuring fetchmail while accessing internet from behind proxy server using IMAP with an exchange server

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 14 11:48:45 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 13 April 2013, Ranjan Maitra sent:
> I am not quite sure what information I can supply. My proxy server to
> access the internet is xxx.xxx.xx.x:8080. (Of course, this is what I
> have to do to use the browser.) I am able to tweak settings in
> yum.conf to yum. But am lost on how to extend this to fetch mail from
> an IMAP exchange server. Most of the stuff in the FAQ below seems to
> not be relevant. Of course, it does not help me that I do not know
> some of these technical details.

That was the crucial information: using IMAP with an exchange server.
I've added that to the subject line so it's more likely to attract the
attention of someone with the answer.

You should say what mail client you're using, too.  Especially if you
need specific configuration assistance.  If you were using Thunderbird,
it's available for various different computer platforms, and might be
able to lie to technical support that you're using it on Windows, and
just need manual configuration details.

While I do use IMAP, I don't use exchange, never have, and don't have
one to test things out against.  So I'm not the best person to advise
about it.  But I'd hazard a guess that the server would need to support
access through a proxy, as well.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.