Fedora vs RHEL

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Apr 15 02:14:05 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 05:09 AM, Mike Dwiggins wrote:

> On 4/12/2013 3:01 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
>> On 2013-04-12 12:58, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
>>> Does there exist anywhere a list or comparison about which Releases of
>>> Fedora correspond to what Releases of RHEL?
>>
>> I would not directly compare those, as they are so much far in term of
>> bundled versions.
>>
>> My suggestion is to compare CentOS and RHEL.
>>
> My problem is that I am trying to sell my Boss on Fedora!  He refuses to
> let us use CentOS or to pay for RHEL ( Yes cheapskate). But if I can
> show some comparison to RHEL I can sell him on Fedora.

His data and apps must not be very important to him if he won't pony up
$349 for a commercially supported OS.
https://www.redhat.com/wapps/store/catalog.html

It never ceases to amaze me that people will run their businesses - the
thing that feeds their families and employees' families - on cobbled
together systems with community-supported distros.

> My whole shop run home servers and we all use Fedora.  We just need
> something from somewhere to convince him!

Ask him what his business apps and data are worth to him.

TC