Fedora vs RHEL

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Apr 15 20:55:17 UTC 2013

Am 15.04.2013 22:49, schrieb Paul W. Frields:
>> I think we have very different experiences with community distros.
>> I've run mission and business-critical tasks on community distros
>> for years and never had a problem, starting with Mandrake back in
>> the day, then Mandriva, then Fedora, with short episodes of Suse and
>> Mint.
> [...snip...]
>
> My house has never caught fire yet, but I still have more than the
> minimal amount of homeowner's insurance required by law

that may be right in this context

but a support contract in the reality does not guarantee that
every problem you MAY have is solved in a acceptable timeframe
and mostly support contracts are ending where your setup differs
from the defaults and if the deafults would satisfy your business
you mostly would not have the problem which needs to be solved

at the end of the day you oftly realize that a support contract
doe snot help you in your situation and power the money in more
redundancy would have been the better solution