User lock really locks...

Fred Roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 16:06:00 UTC 2013

Hello all, I am new to the thread and have been away from the community
for a spell.  I installed 18_64 on an Aspire7520 laptop and have enjoyed
getting back into Linux again.  So you know I am comfortable in CLI and
fairly familiar with some of the inner workings and have been able to
troubleshoot most issues which have come up.

The issue I have is when I select "Lock" from the user options, upper
right hand the system locked the account.  Nothing would cause a prompt
for password to get back into the account.  Music was still playing from
when I left it, etc.  everything seemed to work fine. I do know that
"esc" would give me the password prompt when the system locked from
settings in "System Setting --> Brightness & Lock" so the function seems
to work as advertised except when I choose Lock.

Will be surfing for answers, if anyone can get me pointed in the right
direction it would be appreciated.  It's good to be back. :-)

Fred