"This print job requires a PostScript Language Level 3 Printer"

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 08:01:03 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 18:40 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> So I need to ship back some defective merchandize. The vendor sends me a
> link to a UPS return label, I open it in Firefox, and try to print it. The
> printer is an HP 1320.

There are several models that might be "HP 1320" -- I'm going to guess
you're talking about an HP LaserJet 1320?  In that case, there are
several different drivers to choose from, and the recommended one is
hpcups.

To change driver (and see which are available), start
system-config-printer ('Printing'/'Print Settings'), view the properties
for the queue, and click on the 'Change...' button next to 'Make and
model'.

If you aren't using hpcups already, it indicates that the relevant
package (hpijs) doesn't know the IEEE 1284 Device ID of your printer.
In that case, it would be useful to see the output of 'su
-c /usr/share/system-config-printer/check-device-ids.py'.

Tim.
*/