Minor printing issue

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Apr 28 18:12:19 UTC 2013

On 04/28/2013 10:09 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> My understanding is that Canon is about the most Linux-unfriendly
> printer vendor out there. They do not provide drivers and they do not
> provide a description of how the hardware works so that open source
> people could develop one. So Canon printers have always sucked under
> Linux due to lack of anything other than a generic Postscript driver. A
> shame too since they make good printers according to my artist wife.

Your understanding is incorrect.  Although Canon doesn't directly
support Linux, the OS driver I have works fine for everything except
printing a pdf.  And, after a bit of questioning on a forum, I'm able to
use lp to do that from a command line.  Therefor, it's not a driver
issue.  Still don't know why evince doesn't do the job, but I'm still
hoping.