Installing R-3*gz

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 19:31:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth <
tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Richard Vickery
> <richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In installing the latest version of R, I get stuck at the make command:
> >
> > $ ./configure
> <snipt>
> > configure: error: --with-readline=yes (default) and headers/libs are not
> > available
>
> This indicates that you need the "readline-devel" package to proceed.
>
> > [richard at localhost R-3.0.0]$ make
> > make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> >
> > What does it want?
>
> -T.C.
>
> Thanks. I have yum installed readline-devel.

I have encountered another one:

checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... no
checking X11/Intrinsic.h usability... no
checking X11/Intrinsic.h presence... no
checking for X11/Intrinsic.h... no
configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not
available

Would my next "yum install" be IceConectionNumber?