GUI unusable after upgrade from F 17 to F 19

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Aug 1 01:58:28 UTC 2013

On 07/31/2013 09:45 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 07/31/2013 06:15 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Do you have an/etc/X11/xorg.conf or a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/  which specifically defines the drivers in an InputDevice section?   If so, try removing those.
>
> I do now, after using the nVidia utility to create one.  The old one
> didn't, but didn't work, which is why I tried that.  I'll remove the new
> one, use Xorg -configure as root, and try again.

This may be too late, but NEVER remove any file unless you know what
it's supposed to do, or you have replaced it with one that you know
works. Instead, make a copy--file.bak or file.old or something that
you can return to if you need to.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley