How to create launchers on panel in Gnome 3 Classic Mode?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 13:22:47 UTC 2013

Hi

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Joe Zeff  wrote:

> On 07/31/2013 08:57 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>> I am not aware of the policy you are referring to.  It sounds like a
>> misunderstanding.  Perhaps you can provide a reference?
>>

> I don't know if it's an official policy or not, but I've read comments
> from people stating that the Gnome devs won't go out of their way to avoid
> breaking extensions.  If so, it might be simply that they won't take
> responsibility for third-party code.

I would suggest not relying on or repeating random comments from people
unless you are aware that they can talk authoritatively about GNOME or
atleast provide a reference to backup such claims.  Many of the extensions
are written by GNOME developers themselves and they have done quite a bit
of work to make them work reliably

Rahul