The state of blu-ray burning in linux is terrible

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Thu Aug 1 19:02:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

> Will do, but I'm not sure when I'll have the need just yet.

No need to hurry.
I could try myself at the cost of wasted media and the risc
that my hardware and system differ too much from yours.
Kernel 2.6, burner at USB, ... several reasons why i might be
unable to reproduce.
So it is better to wait.

> > How far did you get with playing back your video ?
> No luck yet but I haven't had much time to experiment.

So simply submitting some video files in some filesystem does
not work ?

> ImgBurn under WINE to generate the UDF 2.5

Ouch. That's indeed a defeat for Linux.

> > Yesterday it was announced that Brasero has got a maintainer
> Good news! I hope a lot of improvements are made quickly!

That will depend on some kind of user feedback.
>From users who install the newest Brasero and report problems.
Plain BD burning should really be in reach.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas