turn off bash colored prompts for all users

David dgboles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 20:08:26 UTC 2013

On 8/2/2013 3:50 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:30:57 -0400
> David wrote:
>
>> Many others like them since you are the
>> only user to complain.
>
> No, he's not.
>
> It is especially fun when your default terminal colors are
> light foreground and dark background. Most ls output goes
> almost invisible.

So there is *two* of you?   :-)

Seriously I can see your problem here. I seriously doubt there are plans
to change this or make a GUI to change it. And I seriously doubt that
comments here will make any difference.

You do know that you can change the system default? As well as changing
it in your users .bashrc file? The best of two worlds you and Joe get it
your way and the rest of the Fedora world gets it their way.

--

  David