turn off bash colored prompts for all users

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 2 20:17:54 UTC 2013

On 8/2/2013 1:08 PM, David wrote:
> On 8/2/2013 3:50 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> [...]
>
> So there is *two* of you?   :-)
>
> Seriously I can see your problem here. I seriously doubt there are plans
> to change this or make a GUI to change it. And I seriously doubt that
> comments here will make any difference.
>
> You do know that you can change the system default? As well as changing
> it in your users .bashrc file? The best of two worlds you and Joe get it
> your way and the rest of the Fedora world gets it their way.

I don't know whether this will help and/or is related, but I had a
problem awhile back with incorrect colors for various types of files and
got a fix (bug 817218). In that dialog, I expressed a desire to be able
to customize on top of the default DIR_COLORS (rather than an outright
replacement) That was done as 818069 (a thanks to the developers).

Unfortunately, I am still on F16 as I haven't had luck with F17 or F18
so I haven't fully tested (keyboard issues). Hopefully F19 will behave
on my machines.

Doubt if gui's will ever happen, but there is response to making it
easier for users to do their own thing

Paul