desktop file location

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 2 21:11:23 UTC 2013

On 08/02/2013 02:28 PM, Bill Oliver wrote:
<>

> OK, what I *think* you are talking about, then is the KDE plasma widget for
> the desktop folder, called a "folder view."  What you are calling a
> "sidebar" is, I think, called a "handle" among KDE folk (and I'm not one).
> What it sounds like is that you have the widget there, but the handle seems
> to have disappeared so you can't move it or resize it or whatever.

ok. widget is a good word. ;=)

out of curiosity, i went to every popular wikipedia, to see how they
described it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget

line above "In computing" gave me a good laugh.

as for "handle", i guess that is about as good as any other. :=)

> That means it's a KDE issue, not a fedora/scientific linux issue, which is
> why nobody answered you in the other forum.  You might want to ask in a KDE
> forum.

i do believe you are correct on that one. i will join the kde forum and
ask there. i believe that i may get better info than on the fedora-kde
forum.

> Good luck!

thanks very much. i will post  back to see what i find.

take care. have a good one.

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux