How to update F19 XFCE iso image with fixed Glibc and Midori browser already on updates repo?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 23:42:29 UTC 2013

I'm running F19 XFCE 32 bit on an Atom netbook booted from a pen drive
with the LiveCD ISO image.

The problem with F19 that didn't exist with F18 XFCE is that Midori
crashes, randomly.
Basically it can either crash on the first page loaded, or sometimes
last up to 10 minutes of usage with several tabs, then suddenly crash.

I remember reading it was all about a bug in glibc.

However, running 'yum update glibc' 'yum update midori' after booting
the LiveCD (either one or both) ultimately leads to an unstable system
that crashes shortly after (the whole system crashes, perhaps due to
having different glibc versions, some in use and new apps using the
new one? I'm speculating on this).

Whatever the case, I'd like to have a F19 XFCE 32-bit image that I can
boot on this netbook from the pen drive and safely use.

If anyeone feels like walking me through the steps required to update
both glibc and Midori in an existing ISO image, I'm all ears... (I
tried Googling but didn't found a human-friendly step by step guide or
tool like "updateiso fedora19-xfce-whatever.iso fixedmidori.rpm
fixedglibc.rpm")

What to do?
TIA...
FC