Failed install from KDE live DVD

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Tue Aug 6 05:36:57 UTC 2013

My daughter wanting to upgrade before going to school downloaded the
Live KDE image and it runs on her laptop.  Tried the install to upgrade
from her present installed version (15) and cannot get it to work.

She doesn't want to reformat/destroy her present partition system so she
selected the partition and went into the custom mode.  Selected all her
present partitions, / /boot /tmp /home /home/{hers} and tried to
continue.  Program wouldn't let her select the / partition for the
installation.

Error messages were that it couldn't delete the /dev/sda6 partition for / .

To confirm, the installer wanted to
1. Destroy format ext4
2. Destroy Device Luks (uuid)
3. Destroy Format Luks (uuid)
4. Destroy Device /dev/sda6

Then back to the installer with an error message that it cannot continue.

Kept getting an error so we deleted the / (sda6) partition using fdisk
and tried again.

Still no luck.

Tried not to use the /home/{hers} partition and it still wouldn't work.

We are now downloading the full Fedora 19 DVD.

Now it is going to be a late night.

--
Free, full feature astronomy program at
    http://www.stellarium.org