Native Nvidia Optimus and Fedora 19

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Tue Aug 6 14:20:39 UTC 2013

Replying to myself, just to drop a note about an old and long time
ongoing problem which maybe affects some others here on the list:

On 28.07.2013, Heinz Diehl wrote:

> Yes, I am. Because I own 2 totally different machines and are
> occasionally using another one at work with integrated Intel graphics,
> and all three crash regularly with this error. Two of them crash
> within 5-15 min. and are only useable when all acceleration is
> switched off, which in turn makes even watching a simple youtube video
> a pain in the a...

With the latest updates from kernel 3.10.5 (vanilla), all my machines
are without any crash now, using SNA. (They still crash the same as
usual with standard UXA, though..)

For those who don't know about the different Intel drivers: F19
defaults to UXA, and you can switch to SNA by placing a file named
"10-intel.conf" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d which contains something like

Section "Device"
   Identifier "Card0"
   Driver "intel"
   Option "AccelMethod" "SNA"