SELinux error on every policy package update

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 15:54:40 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 08:16:57AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 07/27/2013 03:16 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been having this weird problem; everytime I there is a
> > selinux-policy update, I get the following error:
> >
> > libsepol.print_missing_requirements: hotplug's global requirements were not
> > met: bool init_systemd (No such file or directory).
> > libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file or
> > directory). semodule:  Failed!
> >
> > FWIW, this machine was updated from F17 to F19 with yum.  I tried searching
> > for the error above, but could not make sense of what I found.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> Best to remove hotplug policy, which is no longer used.
>
> semodule -r hotplug

I get the same error message when I try to remove hotplug.

# semodule -r hotplug
libsepol.print_missing_requirements: howl's global requirements were not met: bool init_systemd (No such file or directory).
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file or directory).
semodule:  Failed!

# semodule -l | grep hotplug
hotplug 1.14.0

Is something seriously borked on my system?  I have not fiddled with
selinux on this machine.  It started its life with F10 and has been
upgraded over the years to F19.

--
Suvayu