SELinux error on every policy package update

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 17:24:13 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 11:54 AM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 08:16:57AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> On 07/27/2013 03:16 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been having this weird problem; everytime I there is a
>>> selinux-policy update, I get the following error:
>>>
>>> libsepol.print_missing_requirements: hotplug's global requirements were
>>> not met: bool init_systemd (No such file or directory).
>>> libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file
>>> or directory). semodule:  Failed!
>>>
>>> FWIW, this machine was updated from F17 to F19 with yum.  I tried
>>> searching for the error above, but could not make sense of what I
>>> found.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>> Best to remove hotplug policy, which is no longer used.
>>
>> semodule -r hotplug
>
> I get the same error message when I try to remove hotplug.
>
> # semodule -r hotplug libsepol.print_missing_requirements: howl's global
> requirements were not met: bool init_systemd (No such file or directory).
> libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed (No such file or
> directory). semodule:  Failed!
>
> # semodule -l | grep hotplug hotplug 1.14.0
>
> Is something seriously borked on my system?  I have not fiddled with
> selinux on this machine.  It started its life with F10 and has been
> upgraded over the years to F19.

rm -f /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/modules/hotplug.pp

You might also want to look at any other files in this directory that are not
owned by an rpm package.

rpm -qf /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/modules/*.pp|grep owned

If there are pp files there that you did no install, you might want to remove
them also.

Something might have gone wrong on the long line of updates.