Failed install from KDE live DVD

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Aug 7 05:36:41 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 09:43 PM, Robin Laing wrote:
> Downloaded the full DVD last night and started the install today.  Same
> partition settings as the Live DVD but it worked.  From a users point of
> view, I couldn't find any difference between the Live and full DVD for
> creating and installing.

If you were doing a clean install (except for /home) you should have had
the option to customize the installation, allowing you to pick and
choose which programs get installed.  With the Live version, it simply
transfers an image of what's on the disc giving you everything on it and
nothing else.  And, of course, with the full DVD, you can use it to
upgrade an existing copy if that's what you want.