3.2Gb over 4Gb

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Aug 8 08:43:18 UTC 2013

On 08/08/2013 10:33 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/08/2013 01:08 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> I updated my inspiron 9400 (Genuine Intel® CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz × 2) with
>> 4Gb of RAM, but only 3.2Gb is accessible.
>> The bios recognizes the 4Gb but says that only 3.2Gb will be available,
>> but I expected that fedora 19 with be available to access the entire RAM.
>> This there something that I should do?

Having the the problem on my *x86_64 box* (CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo
CPU E8300  @ 2.83GHz)
Motherboard: abit I-45CV).  I think this a bios problem: It shows indeed
4 GB of mem, but both Linux and Win show only 3.2 GB of mem.

BIOS update did not help!

> Are you using a PAE kernel?  (If your CPU is PAE capable, you probably
> are.)  If you're not sure, uname -r will tell you.

Kind regards

Joachim Backes
--

Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)