3.2Gb over 4Gb

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Aug 8 09:12:19 UTC 2013

Am 08.08.2013 10:08, schrieb Patrick Dupre:
> Hello,
>
> I updated my inspiron 9400 (Genuine Intel® CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz × 2) with
> 4Gb of RAM, but only 3.2Gb is accessible.
> The bios recognizes the 4Gb but says that only 3.2Gb will be available,
> but I expected that fedora 19 with be available to access the entire RAM.
> This there something that I should do?
>
> Thank.

The chipset of that laptop is not capable to address thze whole 4GB RAM.
That's not untypical for systems of that age (Intel T2300).

I still run an HP laptop with Intel T7600 on a mobile 945GM chipset and
have the same issue, just ~3.5GB out of populated 4GB RAM. No BIOS
update will help as this is a restriction by the chipset.

Alexander