nvidia on inspiron

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Aug 9 19:10:48 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 11:51 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Thank.
> Do not worry, I already removed the nvidia driver because it was not
> working;
> Concerning the F14 installation, after double checking, it had been updated
> to fedora 16 and only
> nvidia-xconfig-1.0-20.fc16.i686
> nvidia-settings-1.0-22.fc16.i686
> are installed. Thus I guess that it OK.

Great!  I'd just wanted to point out (what I consider) the best way to
use wildcards with things like yum in case you had any difficulties.

And, I presume that you have Good Reasons to be working with F16, even
though you know that it's past EOL.  You might want to join the
fedoraforum at http://fedoraforum.org/ because they have a message board
dedicated to older versions in case you need some version-specific
information.  Hope all is doing well on your box now!